The state of Illinois requires all current licensee's to attend a 3 hour renewal course prior to renewing your CCL License with the Illinois State Police. All courses are taught by Illinois State Police authorized instructors and exceed the state of Illinois requirements for renewals!
While the State of Illinois mandates what topics are covered in this course our vast core of expert instructors will also incorporate real world scenario's and statistics pertaining exclusively to Illinois permits holders. We will examine defensive shootings, common mistakes made, law enforcement interaction and debrief our students personal experiences while carrying a gun with their license.
The Illinois State Police Mandated Topics for this course:
All applicable State and Federal laws relating to the ownership, storage, carry, and transportation of a firearm; 2 hours Classroom Recommended
a. The Act relating to the ownership, storage, carry and transportation of a firearm
1) with emphasis on 430 ILCS 66/10(h) which includes instruction on the appropriate and lawful interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a
2) with emphasis on 430 ILCS 66/65 which includes instruction on prohibited areas and the parking lot exception.
b. The FOID Act 430 ILCS 65/1 et. seq.
c. Relevant portions of the ILCS including but not limited to
1) 720 ILCS 5/7-1. Use of force in defense of a person**
2) 720 ILCS 5/7-2. Use of force in defense of dwelling**
3) 720 ILCS 5/7-3. Use of force in defense of other property**
4) 720 ILCS 24/1 et. seq. Unlawful Use of Weapons**
** Must define dwelling, aggressor, forcible felony and unlawful use of weapons pursuant to the ILCS.
2. Weapon Handling; 1 hour Range Recommended
a. Handgun fundamentals
b. Handgun concealment
c. Live fire qualification instruction
d. Live fire qualification with a concealable firearm consisting of minimum of 30 rounds which must include 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards; 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards; and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards at a B-27 silhouette target approved by the Illinois State Police.